Flowers and encyclopedias...

October 13, 2013

I've got some serious catching up to do with my blog, so I'm rewinding to the stuff that I wasn't allowed to post before the wedding happened... the paper flowers!!!! Below are photographs from the craft afternoon when Craig's mum Lynne and Sara's Auntie Maureen joined in making paper flowers from the vintage encyclopedias we just happened to have in the attic. I get a lot of bad press from Mr K about the state of our attic and I have to say that it's not all unjust; there are dark forces up there - there has to be because it doesn't matter how many bags I take to the charity shop, the stuff just keeps on multiplying, it has a life of it's own our attic. Anyway, sometimes it's no bad thing to have such an attic as those old books contained just the right age, colour and weight of paper we needed for the paper roses. The pattern we used was from elli.com which is a lovely blog full of great ideas and templates, we adapted the pattern slightly so we could wire our flowers.

One of the photographs is of Lynne seemingly deep in thought engrossed in the page she was reading; well actually she was just checking that there were going to be no rude words on the petals! That's the thing with cutting up an encyclopedia, or a dictionary for that matter, you need to be careful which page you are lovingly making into a rose... Not going to say what words and descriptions her attention to detail averted as I don't want weirdos visiting my blog, but trust me, it pays to be careful....




1 comment:

Carol said...

Fiona these are amazing looking and completely ingenious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan