Wedding Crafts 1

August 18, 2013

I've been busy lately preparing for Sara's Hen party or bachelorette party to my American sisters, which took place on the 3rd August, living in a little drift of cut paper decorating milk bottles and making paper flowers among other things...

In the week before the celebrations Victoria thought it might be a good idea if the bride had a flower garland for her hair just for a bit of fun and to make her stand out from the other guests. Time was short so I picked up one quite cheaply from an accessory shop then nipped to IKEA to pick up some flowers to add to the garland. They are so cheap that I had no second thoughts about 'deconstructing' or ripping apart the stems to give me the extra flowers I needed. A bit of glue gun activity - garland done!




Another last minute idea was to make badges for all the guests, nothing too technical just a design printed on card and cut out with a circle punch then glued to a badge back. I used mainly digital scrapbooking transfers from Mindy Terasawa; I had these supplies from when I was part of the Creative Team at Designer Digitals but as I was preparing to make the link back today I notice that Mindy now sells from Pixels & Co, I used a lot of the flowers from this kit to make the badges. Lastly I dug out my pile of brads which I bought when I thought I would enjoy paper scrapbooking but I never could cope with all the paper and the punching and cutting then changing my mind half way through the layout and abandoning the whole thing. Still, I'm glad that some of the supplies are being finally used. The Bride got a bit of bling added to hers in the form of some vintage rhinestones discovered while raking about in the sewing box I inherited from my late mother in law. Let's just hope they weren't really diamonds planked there to confuse any burglars...




We wanted a vintage/handcrafted/not take yourself too seriously vibe to the occasion so Delizique was the perfect venue, especially as Sara and Craig used to live 5 minutes away and even although they have now moved south of the river they still have many a coffee and breakfast in both Cafezique and Delizique; do visit, you will not be disappointed.

There was quite a lot to transport - dotty tablecloths, tiny school sized milk bottles for the cocktails, flowers, wine and a' Final fling before the ring' garland for the door. (Font used is Thirsty Rough)


Bottles were decorated with paper from Katie Pertiet at Designer Digitals and the flowers made from random squares of cardstock from the aforementioned abortive go at traditional scrapbooking, Designer Digitals paper and some lovely paper from Paperchase. The Menu was designed using another transfer from a Mindy Teresawa kit and I printed some doodled frames (can't remember which Digital designers these were from...) on different coloured card and dotted them about the place with some washi tape, a simple and effective way to showcase pics of the bride and groom to be... It's amazing what you can achieve with some paper!



Next time I'll post some more pics of the night but be prepared; the bridesmaids organised a 'cheeky' butler...

1 comment:

Lynne said...

A fabulous night which could only have worked so well with a huge amount of work beforehand, you did an amazing job !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan