Knitting therapy

June 16, 2013

Lately I've found out that knitting socks is my perfect way of unwinding and de-stressing, the equivalent of a good massage. Why socks, I'm not sure, maybe it's knitting with four needles I like and the quick results or the fact that you can't beat a good pair of woolly socks in the depths of winter, they're so damn cosy, knitting socks is a bit like comfort eating; indulging in a huge pile of thickly buttered toast and a pot of tea in front of an open fire! Even better is that I've also discovered Opal self patterning sock yarn - how clever is this amazing wool !!! The latest pair to be finished have been sent to London to keep my baby girl's tootsies warm in her freezing basement flat but before they were dispatched I took a photograph to show the finished pair.



I bought my wool at the Wooly Brew in Pittenweem but you can get it from many internet suppliers like here or here and there are lots of free patterns on Ravelry - happy days!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan