A bit of this and that

February 18, 2013

I've been in London for a week, partly for work and partly just to spend some time with Victoria. The visit started with a bridesmaid get together to choose their dresses, which happily and a bit disappointingly turned out to be totally devoid of any drama whatsoever, they dutifully tried on a multitude of different styles until everyone was happy with the style of dress perfect for them and that was that, all done in two hours; the bride just needs to decide on the colour now...


Talking of colour; Victoria and I visited the lovely Rina Bakis in her studio in Primrose Hill, Rina's work is colourful and full of energy, well worth a look. You can view more on her website here



I've included the painting above as the grey and blue tones remind me of how cold London was! So, so cold, bloody freezing in fact. Vic and I took a stroll along the south bank to the Tate Modern and by the time we got there we had to get a coffee to thaw out our hands!




There was a trip to the nice warm Apple store one afternoon and lots of popping into little craft stores and a trip to the cinema to see Les Misérables which neither Victoria nor I enjoyed...I know, I know, we must be the only two people in the world who didn't enjoy it, but there you are! I quite enjoyed the first scene and the last scene and the bit with Anne Hathaway dreaming her dream but I was almost cheering when Russell Crowe threw himself off the bridge and that can't be right even if he was the baddie! Mr K had bravely offered to go see it with me so I texted him the minute we left the cinema letting him know what a lucky escape he had had, although with hindsight he would have just done what he always does - sleep through the film...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan