Sock it to them...

April 13, 2012

I've been knitting socks lately – no idea why, given that we are looking forward to the summer months where sandals not socks will be the requisite footwear. I bought this wool in a closing down sale during a visit to St Andrews and the sock pattern got thrown in for free; I love when that happens. It also happened during our London trip when I was seduced by John Lewis to spend a ridiculous amount on Rowan wool and the pattern book also got thrown in for free – a beautiful book full of cute toddler knits, can't wait to start a lovely little cardigan but not until I've finished the second lot of socks on the pins. The next babies are blues and neutrals not like these rainbow tootsies at all. I was looking through my stash of vintage knitting patterns recently and came across a small pattern book called Gloves, Stockings and Socks from the forties I think. There are various patterns for lace, lattice and herringbone stitch stockings, who knew? I do suspect that Mr K will think I've gone completely loopy if I get out the three ply and start to knit myself a pair of stockings – then again – maybe not...

1 comment:

Carol said...

SQUEAL !!!!!!!! I love sock knitting. These are just lovely. I say that to wear hand knitted socks is like giving your feet a hug LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan