Jackie

April 21, 2012

When I was growing up and at that awkward thirteen to fifteen age, all life revolved around the Jackie comic. There was silence on the school bus the day Jackie came out as we all poured over the comic strips soaking in the sheer romance of it all; fabulous mini skirted beauties and long haired handsome guys.  Always a happy ending, even if occasionally there was a tragic motorbike accident, another handsome guy would always pop up to console the grieving girlfriend and we just knew that they would fall in love and everything would turn out perfectly, what else could happen?
I loved my Jackie comics so much that I tore out my favourite stories to keep forever, I mean there was obviously going to be a time in life when I would need to revisit the Jackie Beauty Box for advice on greasy skin and hair or the Cathy and Claire problem page! These pages have been in the attic yellowing nicely and becoming bit fragile with age, as paper does after 40+ years. I suggested to Sara that I could scan a page and turn it into a poster for their kitchen; I've added some colour to the dress and have mocked up the size I'm thinking of getting printed using an older photograph from their first flat. Of course, I'll let Sara and Craig choose which story they want - there are so many to choose from...




1 comment:

Carol said...

That is the most unique gift, I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan