The day before 12th night

January 04, 2012

I've spent the morning taking down the Christmas decorations, I know it's supposed to be bad luck if you  leave your decorations after 12th night, which could either be the 5th or the 6th of January, it's all a bit confusing. Disaster could rain down upon your household if any bit of greenery is left, something about tree spirits, but who knows? - not sure if an artificial tree counts but I better not take any chances, I wouldn't want to get the blame for a years worth of doom and gloom. This is the second year of our artificial tree and it seems to be getting fatter! I just don't seem to be able to cram it into it's box and it's looking improbable at the moment that we are going to be able to shove the box through the small hatch and into the attic, ironic really as I bought it in the first place as it was supposed to make life easier; still Mr K might be able to do something with a bit of brute force. Packing everything up has definitely reinforced my mantra for this year - simplify! There's going to be a lot of chucking out in the next couple of months, watch this space.

I thought it only right that I end Christmas with a pic of decorations as that's where I began with the drag fairy post. You can tell we definitely have eclectic taste in decorations; look at this little lady resplendent in her red sparkly dress, if toys come to life then Santa looks like he's in for a good time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan