Fife frolics

December 18, 2011




The last two weekends have all been about the Kingdom of Fife! First visit started with a night at our friend's lovely holiday house in Upper Largo, and of course no visit to Largo would be complete without a visit to the Crusoe hotel, where else could you find such fabulous decor, I love it! It looks kinda deserted in there from my photographs but that's because we were starving and desperate to get some fish and chips down, Mr K and I were there before anyone else. Lots of reserved signs on the tables and it did start to fill up just as I was finishing my sticky toffee pudding; I wouldn't want you to think it was some creepy bad taste eatery that only the desperate visit - no siree, it's really popular. Mr K and I decided to walk from upper to lower Largo taking a shortcut through the woods, which we've done before but we underestimated just how dark it was sans flashlight and it took a bit longer than planned, so no shortcut after all. I took the photograph of the little twinkling lights across the Firth of Forth on the way home, maybe North Berwick, while reminiscing about how I found sights like this quite magical when I was a child; maybe this was where my love of fairy lights started! Second and third nights we stayed at The Inn at Lathones, with John and Libby and yes, it was another Groupon deal, a little treat before Christmas.





























We grabbed seats beside the wood burning stove at the Inn at Lathones, Mr K with the ipad and me with my knitting, and we stayed there cosy and happy until dinner, my kind of perfect.






It was freezing during our walk along St Andrew's beach, so cold that John took up my offer of a hat, I'm sure he'll kill me if any of his London colleagues see this - although I think he looks pretty cool in the Ski hat and should adopt this look for London too...
I did the self portrait thing with Mr K, it always looks strange, the ubiquitous arm reflected in glasses thing, does everybody else have loads of these arm pics too?

The good thing about doing a long walk is that you feel quite self righteous afterwards and subsequently  feel no guilt whatsoever about getting tucked into loads of delicious food - and it was; the food at The Inn at Lathones was really good. Here's a small sample...







1 comment:

Carol said...

Seriously Fiona, you take the most magical photographs. I know you use a compact camera, but it's a little ripper. I think you should do a review on it! Although me thinks a lot of it, is not perhaps the camera, but you, you artistic thing! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan