Chicken Divan

December 29, 2011

I'm always being asked for this recipe, I make it regularly, it's incredibly tasty but more importantly easy to do and is one of those meals that can easily expand to feed loads of folk –  not so much cooking as assembling!

1 medium ready to eat roast chicken ( I tend to buy chicken breasts 4/5/6 depending on how many I'm feeding, cook them in the oven for 20 mins then chop them into bite size pieces)
500g broccoli (increase quantity depending on numbers)
1 x 295g tin of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 x 200ml tub créme fraiche (use 300ml for a creamy sauce)
3 heaped tablespoons mayonnaise (ready made is fine, lets get real...)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 heaped teaspoon medium curry powder
4 oz breadcrumbs (if I'm stuck for bread I've also used rolled oats for the topping)
2 oz butter
2 oz mature cheddar grated (optional)
Black pepper

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put to one side.

Trim the broccoli into bite size florets. Blanch in boiling water for a couple of minutes then drain thoroughly.

Mix together the condensed cream of chicken soup, créme fraiche, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder. Season with black pepper.

Fry the breadcrumbs in the butter until golden brown.

To assemble: place the blanched broccoli in a lightly greased baking dish around 13 x 10in followed by the chicken pieces then spread the sauce on top. Sprinkle the grated cheese over, followed by the fried breadcrumbs * I've missed out the cheese loads of times and I don't think it makes a significant difference to the taste but it will make a big difference to the calorie count!

Cook in the top half of a pre-heated oven Gas mark 3, 200°C for 45 – 50 mins

Serve with a crisp green salad, baby potatoes, fresh green vegetables


1 comment:

Carol said...

YUM!!!! I am so going to make this. I have a thing about chicken, I could quite happily eat it every day for the rest of my life and be a very happy camper. Thanks for the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan