St Andrew's party

November 27, 2011

We joined our friends John and Libby for the Royal Scottish National Orchestra's St Andrew's party night on Saturday - I feel there should be a comma in that sentence somewhere…It was a horrible driech night so it was a taxi to the city centre then a pre-theatre at Two fat ladies before the concert; what a fabulous name for a restaurant, it almost vindicates stuffing your face with sticky toffee pudding! The concert is always a lot of fun, I'm a sucker for pipe bands and kilts and Phil Cunningham is a great host; If you like a bit of traditional Scottish you can see and hear Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham here. The concert was also a bit of a celebration for the pair, they've been playing together for twenty five years. Phil quipped that their partnership has outlived both their marriages…
I took the photograph of the orchestra as they were warming up, all the noise and chatter, I like that unstructured part of the evening before the formal bit, although the concert certainly isn't stuffy in the slightest; every year I tell myself that I'm going to make more of an effort and go to more things like this but then whoosh the year seems to fly past and all good intentions are forgotten. Maybe it's just as well, I could see myself becoming a Phil Cunningham groupie – it's the eighties long hair and cheeky smile…dear God, I can't believe I just wrote that…

My neighbourhood has gone crazy because a Wholefoods supermarket has just opened. Mr K can't see what all the fuss is about but I love it, and I'm so happy that it stocks canned pumpkin and I'll finally be able to make pumpkin bread at last. It's ridiculously expensive but full of great organic goodies. I got talking to this nice lady who actually makes Just Chilli , isn't that nice, not just a sales person but the actual producer of the product. Susan gave me a recipe for meatballs plus a recommendation for her carrot and coriander soup using a couple of spoonfuls of Just Chilli. That's tomorrow night's task.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan