Hero

October 08, 2011


Every day this week I have looked at this photograph and felt a little teary. It's strange to feel so sad over the death of someone you have never met but I guess that's what happens when that someone has the iconic status of Steve Jobs. I was trained on an Apple Mac eons ago, a little Mac classic, it was love then and it's love now. Fond memories of teaching page layout on a tiny screen using Pagemaker software...
I've never had anything other than a Mac, sure, there was the ugly one in the nineties, the beige PowerMac but that was just a little design blip before the iMacs and I forgive Apple for that PC looking machine as they had lost their way after sacking Steve. After the ugly beige period we bought the Graphite iMac for home and at the College I teach we had rooms of raspberry and blueberry iMacs. Some of the students had never seen anything like it, they were instantly smitten; after the colourful period it was G4 PowerMacs and those cute white pod iMacs. At home we updated to a white G5 and now it's a sleek silver iMac.  Mr K just bought me an ipad for my birthday, it was a total surprise present. Now I can snuggle up with him on the sofa and browse blogs instead of being glued to the Mac, well that's the theory anyway, and it completes the circle for us; computers, phones, ipad. If anyone hasn't watched Steve Job's inspirational Stanford commencement speech then please spend a little time listening to this wonderful man, I'm feeling a little teary again...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan