September Weekend

September 27, 2011

Friday and a Monday holiday last weekend - Yay! Even better was the fact that Victoria was visiting from London, and we managed to have a lunch on Sunday with the rest of the family and John and Libby, who are of course honorary family! Victoria spent most of her visit moaning about the cold, she's definitely grown soft since she moved south, Mr K resolutely ignored her as she sat on the sofa wrapped in a blanket... he really doesn't understand about the cold and considers a Scottish September still summer. At least I offered to fill her Pooh hot water bottle for bed.
Granny arrived bearing gifts on Sunday, a new steam iron and light up Christmas trees, what a combination. Not just any steam iron, but a super duper one which will cut my ironing time in half. I'll let you know if it works once I tackle the small mountain of Mr. K's shirts stored upstairs. My mother keeps phoning; "have you tried it yet?" "Nope, not yet Mum. Tomorrow..." I haven't turned the house into a steam filled laundry yet but I did indulge her and displayed the Christmas trees on our mantle. I often wondered who the mad people were who put up Christmas decorations in September. Now I know...
The fairy lights are there all year round so I guess a few christmas trees won't make much difference.
Monday, we walked in the local park and I got the chance to snap a few photographs of Victoria and Mr. K. Note the completed fingerless gloves - I'm quite proud of those! It's my birthday this week and the box contains my present from Victoria and Rob...






1 comment:

Carol said...

Can't wait to see what's inside the box!! And the fingerless gloves look fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan