Mull

September 11, 2011

Last weekend our friends John and Libby invited us to join them in Mull for the middle weekend of their vacation on the Island. The plan had been for Mr K and I to leave work early and get to Oban in lots of time for the 4pm ferry. What actually happened was that we made good time and were within an hour of arriving at the ferry when we discovered the road to Oban was closed because of an accident. We hadn't brought the Sat Nav but luckily Mr K has a brilliant sense of direction so he took off to drive to Oban via a single track road which skirts Loch Awe. It was like being in a car rally! I kept saying to him: "I don't want to die..."he kept telling me that his car was made for roads like that...We made it to the ferry with 15 minutes to spare and was the last but one car to be squashed on... More single track roads once we landed in Mull and more "I don't want to die..."from me until we finally arrived at Cuan Choluim Chille to be greeted by John with champagne, followed by a delicious meal cooked by Libby, that's what I call a welcome!
The following morning we woke to mist covering the hills in the distance but luckily no rain. After breakfast we headed out for a walk and then back in the afternoon for a little knitting and crochet while Mr K and John did what guys do, and watched sport...
















1 comment:

Carol said...

It sounds like quite the trip to get there, but OH MY! What a place to calm down in. Oh how I could imagine myself knitting there with all that beautiful light streaming in. Gorgeous photographs, only one thing wrong - WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF YOU my friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan