More Mull

September 13, 2011

We ate at Cafe Fish on Saturday night. I took lots of photographs but sadly they are all too grainy, no use at all, so I don't have my customary food pics to post. I actually took a photograph of my fish pie and of my empty plate to show the taxi driver. Why? On the 30 minute journey across the island to Tobermory from Torloisk, John, Colin and I ended up feeling nauseous; probably due to the hilly, winding, bumpy roads being driven at speed by Mull's answer to Jenson Button. Libby obviously has a cast iron stomach as she had no ill effects at all! When we arrived at the restaurant the taxi driver cheerfully told us the fish pie on the menu was delicious but very rich so he doubted we would be able to finish it. I had the fish pie, which was delicious and I ate every bit - but I am a pig! I was a bit worried about the journey back I admit but you know what it's like, after a few glasses of wine the memory fades...

Before we got in the taxi for the return journey I showed Jenson a photograph of my empty plate and suggested that if he didn't slow down on the way back then the contents of my stomach were likely to grace the back of his gleaming cab...As it happened, I didn't have to worry. Hilly, winding, bumpy roads in the pitch dark with the added danger of deer and sheep slowed him down beautifully and we all arrived home with the contents of our stomachs still intact.

The nice thing about staying in somewhere so remote is that you don't have to worry about people walking past your window so we left the bedroom blinds open and the first thing we spotted on waking up was a deer - now you don't get that kind of thing in Glasgow, a deer in your front garden!










2 comments:

esther_a said...

What a wonderful place to relax! It looks like you had lovely weather. Stunning photos!

Carol said...

Sensational photos Fiona. You have such an eye.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan