Padstow

August 17, 2011

I'm enjoying posting photographs of our time in Cornwall, it certainly beats doing college work, procrastination; love it! We stayed at the Old Custom House in Padstow which was right on the Quayside, therefore pure delight for Mr K as he just had to glance outside our bedroom window to feel right at home amongst all the yachties. I don't sail but I do like that tinkly sound you get from the masts or rigging or whatever when the yachts are moored... lovely. OK, that's my nautical appreciation post over for the moment, moving on...

We ate both nights at the restaurant attached to the Hotel, Pescadou.The food was great so didn't see any point in looking for anywhere else, we're lazy like that, but in our defense, the food was very good and on our first evening I was facing the kitchen so watched the two chefs prepare everything, all with military precision and an impressive calmness, do they learn that at cookery school, that composure? Before dinner on one of the nights we had a wander round to the other side of the quay for a pre-dinner glass of wine. A couple came and shared our table, all good, but of course after a large glass of red I felt the need to talk to them; what can I say, I can't help myself I'm just a friendly person, so below you can see a photograph of Rob and Marie from somewhere outside Birmingham. Rob if you're reading this I hope you have taken our good advice and are working on reducing the workload, let Marie take you away for more romantic weekends...trust me, too much work sucks!

I do feel I give very good advice, particularly after two large glasses of red wine!

Only downside to our stay was Amy; Amy who was very drunk and very loud right below our bedroom window and managed to keep me very awake for what felt like a long time. Now, if I could speak to Amy (more advice...) I would tell her that it's not a good idea to shout in a very loud voice that your name is Amy and that you work in the bar at Rick Steins especially while discussing the price of hash with a French drug dealer, I mean I could have been a member of the drug squad on a weekend break to Padstow. At one point I thought about getting up and telling them to speed up the negotiations so I could get some sleep, but I was too tired to even do that so I just lay there and wished a plague of boils and the worst hangover known to man on Amy, whoever she was. Lack of sleep affects me like that.















3 comments:

Charles Jamieson said...

Looks fabulous

Lynne said...

Seems to have been a great holiday, looking forward to the next instalment......

whatnext said...

oh, the FOOD!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan