Aim for Balance

August 29, 2011

I've got my resignation letter for the gym sitting on the table - I just don't go. I've been paying them all this money for a good few years now. I intend to go every day; every day I tell myself I'm going to go there straight after work and get on those machines, work hard and eventually become a stunning svelte person with Michelle Obama arms. Only problem is that I HATE the gym, I didn't use to, I used to go and do all that stuff, run, step classes, you name it, I used to be that thin person. My God, I even used to wear that Jane Fonda thong up the backside/cycling shorts workout combo so popular in the eighties, I felt the burn right enough! Ah well, apparently if I walk every day from the ground floor in the college to the 8th floor I'll have climbed the equivalent of five Munros in a year. Sounds good to me, I could do that and not even have to buy any hiking gear, it's all about realistic expectations after all...

Illustration from Susy PilgrimWaters.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I've often wondered - what actually is a realitic expectation ?!

Carol said...

Oh the vision you have pictured, yes I used to love the gym, Fernwood, all women. Except that was even worse I think. I'll just stick to walking the dog, then follow with a coffee and cake at the cafe! ROFL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan