Maureen's birthday part 2

July 24, 2011

Part 2 of the birthday celebrations started with presents for the birthday girl, a glass (or two) of chilled wine, pre-dinner nibbles plus spectacular views over Rhu bay and the Clyde beyond, the sun was shining, it "was just like being on holiday" -  I do admit to saying this more than once, but it was true! The girls, Craig and Andrew took themselves down to the beach for a photo opportunity before we left for dinner at the Kilted Skirlie; you can see a few of these beach photographs on Sara's blog Lollipop Lashes plus I've nicked a couple (three...) for here (with Sara's kind permission). At the Kilted Skirlie, Victoria and I chose good old fashioned fish and chips followed by sticky toffee pudding which we shared, makes me feel a bit less Miss Piggy that I shared dessert, because I'm ashamed to say there was not one chip left on my plate - Oh, willpower, wherefore hast thou gone?

Last view of the night was a superb sunset with Ben Lomond in the distance which Mr K tells me he climbed during a school trip when he was twelve - who knew?










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan