Maureen's birthday part 1

July 21, 2011

My lovely sister in law's birthday yesterday so we had a little celebration dinner with Sara and Craig, it was part one in the birthday celebrations as part two will happen on Saturday with another dinner, a sort of official and unofficial birthday, just like the Queen. I'm used to July being ALL about birthdays as the girls always had two celebrations each when they were small, there was the day itself celebrating with family and then the birthday party with everyone else... I admit I do love a good birthday party though!

Maureen hates getting her photograph taken, which might or might not be normal for someone who IS a photographer; as someone who is not even sure what aperture is I can't comment but I guess I understand that if you're a photographer then the passion is for taking photographs not being in them. We have fabulous photographs of the girls at their parties but hardly any of Auntie Maureen as she was always behind the lens but I can guarantee there will definitely be photographs of the birthday girl in my post about part 2 of the celebrations, that's a promise!

I made Jamie Oliver's Spiced coley with crunchy salad and minty lemon yogurt and can thoroughly recommend it, gorgeous flavours, so easy to do and well worth trying. I spent quite a time in Sainsbury's chatting to the fishmonger and picked up some more of the Jamie oliver recipes so Creamy flaked trout spaghetti for dinner tonight, prep time 5 mins - that's my kind of recipe!  Jamie doing his stuff with the Coley recipe here

Photograph below is baby Maureen and big brother Mr K - I couldn't have a birthday post without Maureen making some kind of an appearance so I'll start with the baby pic. The other photograph I took while sitting looking towards the window after everyone had gone home and Mr K was snoozing away on the sofa, I like these little moment in time pics. Yes we do have fairy lights all year round, they're draped round a house plant and I love the way they're reflected in the window in this photograph; I firmly believe that fairy lights are not just for Christmas...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan