It's hot

July 27, 2011

It's positively tropical these days, well maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but it's HOT for Scotland. Sadly I'm off into work so there'll be no sitting in the garden soaking up the rays today.

In honour of our mini heat wave the painting is by our friend Charles Jamieson. Mr K and I adore his work, his sunny landscapes transport the viewer instantly to the beautiful hot countries he paints, I can feel the heat of the sun on my body when I look at the stunning colours. Of course, I'm always drawn to the colour blue and Charlie manages to paint the most exquisite 'blues'. We would happily fill our house with his wonderful paintings if we had enough wall space!



































Couldn't resist adding this one as well from a series of paintings on New England. If I had a really large kitchen then this would be on my wall!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Excuse me Ms Fee while I splutter into my cup of tea. HOT?!?!? HA! Only kidding, I know it's horrid when the weather isn't the norm. And just like I'm freezing my tail off here and it's nothing like what you get. We just need that happy medium don't we?

That's an absolutely stunning painting. It kind of transports you, doesn't it?

Charles Jamieson said...

Thank you.

Charlie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan